Sr. Scientist — St. Louis
Canopy Biosciences is a rapidly growing and fast-paced biotechnology company located in beautiful midtown St. Louis. We are committed to providing cutting-edge, multi-omics products and services to the academic and biotech research community. We are a team of dedicated scientists, passionate about our work and intent on making a difference in the pursuit of better drugs and technologies. We offer comprehensive benefits that give our employees the right environment where they can thrive. We seek to expand our team with the right individuals who are passionate about their work, desire to both contribute and learn, have a flexible mindset, and want to grow with Canopy Biosciences.
Canopy Biosciences is looking for a Senior Scientist to join our team. The successful candidate will play an important role in both operational execution and development of future service and product offerings. The successful candidate will be expected to participate in experimental design, conduct experiments, optimize throughput, maintain detailed records, analyze results, and generate standard operating procedures.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs assays and lab procedures according to SOPs using appropriate laboratory techniques
- Assists with product development and investigates new technologies that align with company goals.
- Works in a professional and collaborative manner with coworkers and customers
- Provides operational support for testing activities including reagent preparation, cleaning activities, and equipment maintenance as needed
- Works on routine assignments as well as other assignments that are complex in nature where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations
- Maintains laboratory notebooks, SOP documents, logs, and computer databases
Qualification and Skills
- MS or PhD in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry, or related field.
- Experience with NGS library prep (including single cell applications), flow cytometry, or multiplexed imaging techniques is preferred.
- Experience with Droplet Digital PCR (ddPCR) is beneficial but not required
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented setting
- Strong attention to detail
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a healthcare plan, 401k matching, paid vacation, paid sick leave, the potential for stock options, and paid company-wide holidays.
To apply, please send CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org