Field Application Scientist
Canopy Biosciences, a Bruker Company, is a rapidly growing and fast-paced biotechnology company located in beautiful Midtown St. Louis. We are committed to providing cutting-edge, multi-omics products and services to the academic and biotech research community. We are a team of dedicated scientists, passionate about our work and intent on making a difference in the pursuit of better drugs and technologies. We offer comprehensive benefits that give our employees the right environment where they can thrive. We seek to expand our team with the right individuals who are passionate about their work, desire to both contribute and learn, have a flexible mindset, and want to grow with Canopy Biosciences.
Canopy Bioscience is part of the Bruker family. As one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We’ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
Canopy Biosciences is currently seeking a Scientist to join our service operations team. You will directly contribute to cutting edge research and perform a variety of our technology offerings, including nucleic acid extractions, NanoString, Next Generation Sequencing, and spatial proteomics. We are looking for an individual who is detail-oriented and committed to performing high-quality work in the lab.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Performs a variety of molecular assays and lab procedures including nucleic acid isolation, quality control assessments of DNA and RNA, and NGS library prep according to SOPs using appropriate laboratory techniques.
- Maintains laboratory notebooks, SOP documents, and computer databases
- Assists with product development, including development of NGS and other molecular service offerings.
- Performs sample intake and accessioning
- Manages, monitors, and maintains equipment, facilities, and supplies. This will include routine handling and lifting of laboratory supplies and bench-top equipment
- Works in a professional and collaborative manner with coworkers and customers
- Provides operational support for testing activities including reagent preparation, cleaning activities, and equipment maintenance
- Works on routine assignments as well as other assignments that are complex in nature where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations
- Minimum BS in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry, or related field
- Minimum of 3 years lab experience.
- Experience in nucleic acid extraction is required.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and perform new protocols with minimal supervision
- Experience with lab automation is a plus.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented setting
- Strong attention to detail