Product Manager, Chip Cytometry — St. Louis
Canopy recently acquired Zellkraftwerk GmbH, a leader in multiplex cytometry. Leveraging its innovative ChipCytometry platform, Zellkraftwerk offers complete workflow solutions—including both products and research services—for high-content cytometry on cells and tissues. As a result of the Zellkraftwerk acquisition, Canopy Biosciences is seeking a Product Manager.
In this newly created role, the Product Manager will oversee the Zellkraftwerk platform of products and services for multiplex chip cytometry. You will be responsible for increasing the visibility, awareness, and profitability of existing products as well as developing new products and services. This is an excellent opportunity for a scientist with a background in immunology/immuno oncology to transition from the bench into a commercial role.
You will build new products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects. You must possess a unique blend of business and scientific expertise; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand their problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work together with a team of scientists to define product/service requirements and deliverables. You will define the go-to-market strategy, positioning, key benefits, and target customers. You will also serve as the internal and external advocate for your offerings, supporting sales and interacting with key customers.
- Managing the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products/services by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Analyzing potential/existing partner relationships for individual products as well as product platforms.
- 1+ years of experience in product management/marketing.
- 1+ years of experience working in industry.
- Knowledgeable in technologies for protein detection and immunoassay.
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Biology, Molecular Biology, or a related field. Ph.D. preferred.
- Expertise in Immunology, Oncology, and/or Immuno-Oncology.
- Experience in flow cytometry strongly preferred.
- Experience marketing instrumentation a plus.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
- This position requires regular travel to customer and non-customer sites in North America and Europe (30%).
Interested candidates should send cover letter and CV to: email@example.com