Canopy Biosciences is looking for an Operations Technician to join our team. The successful candidate will play an important role in the development and production of novel genetic engineering tools for use in R&D that will enable the development of groundbreaking discoveries.
He/she will be expected to participate in experimental design, conduct experiments, optimize throughput, maintain detailed records, and generate standard operating procedures. This is an exciting opportunity to join startup company and be part of a fast-paced environment in the dynamic field of gene editing and expression analysis.
The ideal candidate will be well-organized, perform detailed tasks and will have sufficient laboratory dexterity and experience to accurately use micropipettes according to established written SOPs. It is expected that the Operations Technician will rapidly develop sufficient expertise to function independently with minimal supervision.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Performs assays and lab procedures according to SOPs using appropriate laboratory techniques
- Maintain laboratory notebooks, SOP documents, logs, and computer databases
- Perform aseptic mammalian cell culture
- Manage, monitor, and maintain equipment, facilities, and supplies. This will include routine handling and lifting of laboratory supplies, and bench-top equipment
- Work in a professional and collaborative manner with coworkers and customers
- Provides operational support for testing activities including reagent preparation, cleaning activities, and equipment maintenance
- Works on routine assignments as well as other assignments that are complex in nature where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations
Qualification and Skills
- Bachelors’ degree with a major in Biology, Chemistry or related Science major including lab courses involving work with nucleic acids and a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience is required.
- Experience with cell culture, DNA isolation, RNA isolation, PCR, and making buffers is required
- Experience with qPCR and ELISA is beneficial, but not required
- Experience working in a start-up environment with a track record of being a team-oriented, self-starter capable of operating independently
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented setting