Field Sales (Business Development Manager)–San Francisco
We are seeking candidates for a field based sales position responsible for the territory sales plan (West Coast). The qualified Sales Executive candidate will have strong technical knowledge in the area of molecular biology research tools and will demonstrate technical credibility to effectively consult with customers to influence key decisions on technology and product choices.
Strong business acumen is required to build a successful account and territory plan and translate territory strategy into business results. The ideal candidate will have a strong history of account relationships with key thought leaders in the biotechnology research space.
Primary responsibilities include:
1) Field sales account management
2) Developing effective sales strategies and execution of strategies to increase penetration of molecular biology products within North American sales territory
3) Understanding and assessing customers’ goals/objectives, and strategizing to build value propositions that represent solutions within our support and product portfolio
- Demonstrate technical credibility in consulting with customers on technology solutions
- Demonstrate strong prospecting and closing skills
- Commitment to rigorous territory planning, market knowledge, and accurate and timely forecasting
- Develop and manage a business plan to meet or exceed business goals for the territory
- Understand scientific project needs and business needs of the customer
- Consistently and accurately manage sales process including sales forecasting, pipeline management, and sales tracking using the CRM system
- Utilize product and application knowledge across the portfolio to successfully conduct selling presentations
- Assist in the identification and recruitment of new sales people as required
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field; or the equivalent knowledge and experience
- Requires a minimum of 3-5 years sales experience in Life Science sales
- Strong desire to win business and establish long term customer relationships
- Creating sales opportunities for new products without established markets
- Must be located in San Francisco
- Must be able to travel up to 60%
Interested candidates should send cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
A similar position is also available in San Diego, CA.