Field Application Scientist
Canopy Biosciences, a Bruker Company, is a rapidly growing and fast-paced biotechnology company located in beautiful midtown St. Louis. We are committed to providing cutting-edge, multi-omics products and services to the academic and biotech research community. We are a team of dedicated scientists, passionate about our work and intent on making a difference in the pursuit of better drugs and technologies. We offer comprehensive benefits that give our employees the right environment where they can thrive. We seek to expand our team with the right individuals who are passionate about their work, desire to both contribute and learn, have a flexible mindset, and want to grow with Canopy Biosciences.
Canopy Bioscience is part of the Bruker family. As one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We’ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
Canopy Biosciences is currently seeking a Field Applications Scientist with a strong background in biology and molecular biology. You will travel with members of the US sales team to give technical seminars to prospective customers, and you will provide ongoing product adoption application support to the commercial team and customers. You will be responsible for offering support services to customers regarding usage, and troubleshooting issues arising in effective usage of cutting-edge technologies such as Chip Cytometry. We are looking for an individual who loves to work with customers and has fantastic communication skills. You must be able to travel nationally as this position will require flexibility in working hours and availability for up to 25% travel.
Key responsibilities include:
- Traveling with sales team and giving technical presentations and demos to potential customers
- Taking feedback from customers regarding their product experiences, and communicating their needs to the developmental team for better design
- Assisting with the installation of instruments (ZellScanner for Chip Cytometry) at the customer’s site and providing appropriate training to customers on product usage
- Preparing technical reports for all products, analyzing procedures involved in the usage, and recommending improvements for ensuring the optimal level of researcher service
- Assisting the marketing team in formulating sales strategies, checking its reliability with respect to products and specifications, and developing a strategy for increasing sales
- Building effective relationships with new and existing clients for field application purposes, monitoring the feedback on product usage and experience, and assisting the researcher in developing scientifically accurate applications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Chemistry, Molecular Biology, Genetics, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in biopharmaceutical industry
- Strong customer and sales orientation
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong partnerships with internal and external partners
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively to diverse audiences through both written and oral communications
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Biology, Molecular Biology, or a related field.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and capable of coping with change
- Desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- This position requires regular travel to customer and non-customer sites in North America and Europe (30%).